2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Input

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Big_Green
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input

So i got a 1999 Dodge Dakota. Its got the 318 in it. So far iv got a drop in K&N air filter, and Trick Flow Exhaust. Its just one exhaust, done by the last owner. Im not sure if its got a high flow cat or not?

My question to you guys/ladies, what should i being doing? Would a high flow cat make any different over a stock one? Wat about changing one exhaust to two exhaust? Iv also been looking at the throttle body spacer, any input? Also i am wanting to change my drop in filter to a CAI. Wat about changing the spark plugs and wires any differents there? What about putting a chip in?

Any other ideas would be great!!

Thanks and Cheers

Ron

Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Input

ha.. another one?

You can use the search button up top to find asnwers REALLLY fast..

but anyways..

TB spacers are a rip off, theyDONT do anything to our trucks. Its for Carb engines, some people say it does, but dyno results show it does nothing, and somtimes even kills your hp.. they are so crappy most CAI compainys give them away when you buy an intake. i got the AEM Bruteforce and they sent me one.. for the hell of it.. its sitting in my garadge being used as a make beleive spy tool for my little cousin.

CAI, is a less restrictive idea, its not really cold air, but if you can get some custom work done you can make it cold air, i suggest going with a PVC pipe and running it down to the airdam and pulling in air though that, with the least amount of curves as you can..

Exhaust is a good mod.. you wont notice much at the start on a stock engine, but once you start adding on the heads, TB, headers, ect.. you will thank yourself for it..

Chips.. well are ok, i would either go with a programmer or a Custom flashed PCM.. a programmer cost about 300-350 and a Performance PCM cost about 350-400, the PCM will lift govenors alot higher then programmers can do it also raises shift points, and rev limitier along with better fuel curves... (look into B&G PCMS for Mopar Performance PCMS) IMHO i woudn't do a chip... they dont do much...

o and.. another good starter mod would be headers... make your exhuast sounds tons better and gives you better exhuast flow. Those stock Exhuast manifolds are horible.

Quick Reply: Input