2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tranny Shifting into 1st???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Shifting into 1st???

I have been driving my truck with a rebuilt tranny now ever since it got flooded. Well The problem is when I have it to the floor and it is in second gear going about 70 km/h. It will shift into first gear. i do have a shift kit but still.... Do you think there is a problem???

Old 06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
tntitans21399
Professional
Default RE: Tranny Shifting into 1st???

When you floor it are you just going a normal speed, and floor it to get up and go? If so then the tranny is going shifting down to get more rpms, but it ould do it with all gears. It will usually shift down a gear, espically if your going up a hill or towing. Does it only do it if your in second or will it do it in other gears? Are you flooring it as soon as it shifts into second?

Second thing is, how much was the repair? I'm only asking because if was very cheap then maybe they didne't do a good job. Because when my old GMC truck tranny was starting to go out, when I would drive at a certain speed the Drive and Overdrive would switch back and fourth. I wouldn't think that would be it but I thought I would throw that out there.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tranny Shifting into 1st???

I paid 1,500 not very much i must say, but I got a warranty and stuff. It only happens in seconds gear. It shifts down only in second but the rpms are way to high to be going into first. I put the floor to the pedal and in second it is at around 4k rpm. It will just shift into first and rev really high I remove my foot immediatly because I don't want to blow it up.

Quick Reply: Tranny Shifting into 1st???