2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Unbelievable....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:25 PM
99DakotaRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable....

So I've had my truck back for about 2 weeks now, and now the tranny is going! figures it would go right after my warranty is up...it wont start in park, it doesnt shift into 2nd gear.....**** is ****ed up....I dont even know what to do, I cant even look at the thing with out being discusted by it....anyway...Im going to start the extremely slow process of looking for another trans.....any ideas? I wouldnt mind throwing a 6spd in there, but ive heard that its a very exspensive job. As of right now tho Im open to anything...I just want my truck back with no problems

Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Unbelievable....

its definately an electrical problem

NO START IN PARK OR NEUTRAL
1. Gearshift Linkage/Cable Mis-adjusted. 1. Adjust linkage/cable. <-- highly doubt it
2. Neutral Sense Wire Open/Cut. 2. Check continuity with test lamp. Repair as required.
3. Park/Neutral Switch, or Transmission Range Sensor Faulty. 3. Refer to service section for test and replacement procedure.
4. Park/Neutral Switch, or Transmission Range Sensor Connection Faulty. 4. Connectors spread open. Repair.
5. Valve Body Manual Lever Assembly Bent/Worn/Broken. 5. Inspect lever assembly and replace if damaged.

does it stay in 1st and u only have reverse as well?

STUCK IN LOW GEAR (WILL NOT UPSHIFT)
1. Throttle Linkage Mis-adjusted/ Stuck. 1. Adjust linkage and repair linkage if worn or damaged. Check for binding cable or missing return spring.
2. Gearshift Linkage Mis-adjusted. 2. Adjust linkage and repair linkage if worn or damaged.
3. Governor Component Electrical Fault. 3. Check operating pressures and test with DRBĀ® scan tool, repair faulty component.
4. Front Band Out of Adjustment. 4. Adjust Band.
5. Clutch or Servo Malfunction. 5. Air pressure check operation of clutches and bands. Repair faulty component.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:29 PM
99DakotaRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unbelievable....

wow thanks this helps alot. I'm going to check that stuff tomorrow morning.

ps- Its extremely hard to describe, but basicallyit wont shift up into 2nd gear most of the time, but it will shift into 3rd and 4th, also I am getting a noise, only when it tries to shift into 2nd (I'm assuming) and it sounds like repetive clinging noise...thats the best I can describe it...

Quick Reply: Unbelievable....