2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

ALL oils to synthetic, and Red Line Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 AM
DAKNBLK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL oils to synthetic, and Red Line Products

In the very near future, I plan to switch out ALL the driveline (and power steering) fluids in my truck for fresh stuff. ALL synthetic if possible.
Living in a tiny hick town, the availability of synthetic is very limited, so I'll most likely order from the net to get what I need. I decided I want to stick with one brand for all the fluids, and from my research, Red Line is the only brand that can supply me with every fluid I'll need.
[/align][/align]4.7 Engine: 10w-30
NV3500 5spd Trans: MTL (said to have the 5w-30 visc. needed for this tranny)
Xfer Case: C+ATF (said to meet the Type 7176 spec needed for this case)
Diffs: 75w90 GL5 (said to meet the requirements for LSD, as well as non LSD gears)
Power Steering: They only market one variance (said to meet the MS5931 spec for this system)
[/align][/align]Is this a good plan or not, or should certain components remain on dino oil, and do any of ya'll have an experiences with, and/or opinions on Red Line products?[/align][/align]I've been using M1 in my other vehicle for 6 years now with good results, but I know they changed their formula to the "voodoo" synthetic like most of the others. I may switch my other vehicle to Red Line as well iffin ya'll like the stuff.[/align][/align]Thanks a bunch for any advice.[/align]

Old 06-16-2007, 03:14 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ALL oils to synthetic, and Red Line Products

I have royal purple in my tranny and castrol GTX syntec in my engine and sythetic gear oil in my diffs.
its all about synthetics, I use them in all my vehicles now.

but I think synthetic power steering fluid is pushing it

Quick Reply: ALL oils to synthetic, and Red Line Products