2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
PenguinPoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do?

I have a '99 Dakota R/T CC, it has headers, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, functioning hood scoop, and single exhaust with a flowmaster 40 series muffler... i plan on getting true dual exhaust, but am not sure if i should... the truck already has 125,000 miles on it and i can't decide ifi want to go ahead and get the Ram with the Hemi or continue to try to make this one faster or sell it altogether and get something else! I can't lie, i really do want a regular cab R/T, but they're extremely hard to come by out here in Texas, i had to drive 200 miles just to get the truck i have now...

Will true dual exhaust let all the horsies out like i hope it will? Right now my truck is taking in all this air, but with single exhaust, it's got nowhere to go andit feels like it's actually slowing it down... it's bottlenecking the power... any input will be greatlyappreciated....

Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: What should i do?

err.. you will get better backpressure and performance out of a 3in Single exhuast.

Im running gibson headers with stock y pipe and flo pro muffler with a dump... and its horrible, i have a 4bbl m-1, rockers, cai... and abotut o get a bigger tb, so i need a better exhuast system.

the best way to go..

is get a set of Mopar PPHs (comes with Ypipe) and run a 3in single pipe out with no cats and a muffler, im going to have mine on a electric dump though.

Go with a single 3in better performance...

Old 07-14-2007, 11:51 PM
PenguinPoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should i do?

thanks for the help, i've had an exhaust shop tell me to do that before, but that was only because he told me that the true dual exhaust would scramble the computer... so he told m to get a magnaflow high-flow cat and upgrade the stock pipe to a 3 in. pipe and that would release alot of the backpressure that builds up....