2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Kill Story.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kill Story.

ya i have a 2001 GMC Sierra HD

but i pulled away since 60 he was way gone before he even hit his limiter

Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a fast one blow by me once. Put the pedal to the floor and reached down and flicked my switch. Was on his butt in no time. When he stopped, I went up to his car with a smile on my face and said......."License, registration, and proof of insurance, please".

Old 07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

Hehehe

Old 07-15-2007, 07:57 PM
takethebounce

When I was 18 I had a new VW GTI VR6, stage 1, head ported, polished, header, full exhaust, dropped 2 inches and about $2000 more in upsthat ran 292 hp on the dyno. I built the car for a road racing circuit on the East Coast. Just after completing the car I was driving out to the lake one night with two of my buddies. At the last light before a long winding road out to the lake a late model RX7 pulled up beside me and flicked his lights. I didn't even give a second thought. At the green we both dropped the clutch and took off. By third I am sure I was approaching 80, tach was mashed into the red and I was ahead by a car length.

I let 4th fly and came up over a crest that was rounding a corner to find an oncoming car going about the same speed almost in my lane, I moved to the left in hopes he would maintain his lane but he corrected and moved back to his side, I hit the brakes and could see the RX7 moving up almost to rearend me at top speed so I moved back to the right side of the road and caught the corner of the shoulder. It took the car and almost shoved it sideways on the road, I cranked the wheel as hard as I could to correct and saw the fast approaching tree line as I felt the car leave the road. One bump, then two, and all I could hear was my buddy yelling TREE! I had both feet on the brake and slammed the park brake handle back as we smashed sideways into a large oak.

It was a cloud of smoke, steam and dust but it was almost silent. I quickly jumped from the car and checked on my friends. Luckily I didn't kill them, the only damage was the now mangled VW that looked like it had been put in a huge vise. Its a tough way to learn a lesson. Never again did I try and road race.

I have pushed some vehicles to the limit since then. I enjoy speed but in a controled environment.

Street racing is for punk kids, there is to much to be lost.

You can say what you want about my story but since most of you had happy endings I thought I should share one that wasn't so great. Yeah it wasn't in a Dodge either...

Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spidaman TNMC

lmao wtf?

but yeah i cant decide turbo. or blower

and you should look into the b&G pcm for the m-1 intake.

and about the m1 intake.....4bbl or 2bbl?
im goingwith a MoparPeroformance PCM and keep my stocker and send it off later for a B&G once i get more work done to the truck.. i dont need a B&G yet, ill get a custom flash from them once i have head work, cams, ect... for now im going to use the MPPCM

and i have a 4bbl... soim ready when i want to install that custom twin turbo kit..

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran

which do you think.. tho

4bbl or 2?

which is better for the turbos?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

292hp out of a vr6? is that guestimated crank hp? did the $2000 in extras include nitrous or a blower of some sort?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

which do you think.. tho

4bbl or 2?

which is better for the turbos?
2bbl is better if you need the low end power, most people use that one.

4bbl is better for your high end power, you loose a little low end for alot more highend, but the 4bbl is better used with a Blower motor, Nos, S/C, Turbos w/e.

something i wont have on my truck for awhile. Im about to turn into a 16$ Mech at my work, so i should be able to get alot more things done to the truck by the end of this year.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
takethebounce

ORIGINAL: horatio102

292hp out of a vr6? is that guestimated crank hp? did the $2000 in extras include nitrous or a blower of some sort?
Its actually not that much more. The stock VR6 came with almost 190hp from Europe. It was a racing specific motor that come out of a Corrado and then was modified by a racing shop.Total investment into the turbo motor ran an extra for new ignigtion system, better intake, stronger rods,pistons,new axles, cv's, and so on...I had less than 4 hours on the new motor. They dyno'd the motor before delivery when it was built. I still have the print out somewhere. My next car wasn't as glamorous but another GTI, the only good thing to come out of Germany!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

lol with the freeway almost completely empty except for like 2 cars?

and he was trying to be the bamf. he started it

im juss naturally competitive

but ok i shouldnt streetrace.

ur right ill stop

but in my defense.

it proved im faster
you do know if you get caught the police can take your car away, right? Just make sure ur careful with that ****. We don't want a fellow Dak bein impounded or anything.

Quick Reply: Kill Story.