2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rear Sway Bar Links

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 PM
DAKNBLK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sway Bar Links

I finally got tired of the rattling from the rear links and decided it was time to replace the bushings inside the 'dogbones' if possible. This was before I discovered you could buy the entire links, ready to go. Well anyway, I took one off, and the bushings looked fine. Not cracked or torn, and the center hole showed no signs of being out of round.. The real problem looked to be that the bolts were simply loose inside the bushings. Wanting to do, something to help the rattling, I used some really thin aluminum sheet to make shims for the bolts, to bring their diameterup to where they would fit really snug inside the bushing. Long story short... I know this was a klugey thing to do, but the noise is gone, and the rear does seem to stay planted better in turns.[/align]

Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: Rear Sway Bar Links

cool, awesome fix... you can find sleeves at most hardware stores that would have taken up the slop, or you could have bigger bolts to do the same thing.

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar Links