2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Is My Motor A Real Sludge Bucket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
DAKNBLK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is My Motor A Real Sludge Bucket?

I drained a shot of oil this evening,and just for giggles, decided to compare it to some unused stuff. This oil change was done just 40 miles ago, with Mobil 1 10w-30, and 8ozs of Seafoam. Is this the sign of a"normally" dirty motor, or is it REALLY FARKED UP?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Is My Motor A Real Sludge Bucket?

er... i hope you did the seafoam BEFORE the oil change, you are suppost the run the old oil with seafoam for about 1 hour then drain it.

Also when you do the oil changes on these trucks you can disconnect the coil wire and when the oil starts to drip out of the oil pan get in the truck and turn the truck over (make sure you disconnected your coil wire/distributar wire) this will let ALOT more oil come out, do it about 3 times in 1 hour and then run about 1 qt of new oil though the engine to push out some of the old ****. Then put in some Royal Purple 10x-30 Syn and be happy!

I did my oil change about 1 week ago. Did what i said above and checked my oil today at the shop (we where slow as hell) and its still purple not black or brown like yours.

if you did change the oil and then add the seafoam you just wasted about 50$ in oil.. That seafoam is braking up the sludge and **** in the motor and making it look like that, run it for about one more week. Then change the pil again like i said above and use about 1oz per qt of oil of seafoam again BEFORE you change the oil run it for about 1 hour then change the oil again. And try to get some Royal Purple or Mobil 1 Syn, I use both and both work good for me.

I use Royalpurple Diff fluid, Mopart ATF+4 Tranny, Royal/Mobil Oil, all synthetic. Runs great,

Quick Reply: Is My Motor A Real Sludge Bucket?