2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Mopar PCM Possibly affecting transmission shifts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
00r/t
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar PCM Possibly affecting transmission shifts?

Every since i have installed a mopar performance pcm in my 2000 R/T the transmission has acted completely different. At first i thought it was all normal because the dealership that installed it for me told me that the trans would shift and act completely different.

We'll, when i installed it sometimes when i floor the truck at high speeds (around 70mph) it will try to kick down not one but two gears which would be too much and it makes the engine try to rev past 6000 rpm, but when i let off the gas it goes right back to normal.

Can anyone who has any info or expericence on this or with a mopar performace pcm please help. A friend of mine who recently test drove the truck mentioned that it almost seemed as if the trans ons slipping sometimes? PLEASE HELP!!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Durango911
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar PCM Possibly affecting transmission shifts?

If you have your old PCM,install that and see if that helps. I'm guessing you have some type of tranny problem. It might be slipping or the cable needs to be adjusted.

Quick Reply: Mopar PCM Possibly affecting transmission shifts?