2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

my fan

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
PeterLucas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my fan

i was driving around town and i saw a friend and backed up and when i put it in drive the fan was spinning really relly fast and i dont know why it was so loud my truck is parked and im just gona let it cool down since it is a hot day. has anyone had there fan spin super fast like that?

i dont know what to do

Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
98R/TDak
Professional
Default RE: my fan

yea i have my clutch fan came on after bout 2 hours of driving on a hot day i was driving slow through a parking lot and it came on all of a sudden but never heard it since then so i dunno if its normal which i imagine it should be but if its constantly on then somethins up

Old 09-01-2007, 12:44 AM
jlking21
Rookie

sometimes after my truck has been in the hot sun all day, ill start it up after work when its quite cool outside the fan is vary loud, (i can hear it over my dual exhaust) its dont this since i bought it brandy new and it has never given me a problem. it only stays loud for probably 10-15 seconds. i wouldnt worry about it as long as it only does it for less than a minute or so.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 PM
cohenih

I had to replace the fan clutch on my 2000 Dakota Std. Cab 4x4 atg about 120,000Km. The loud roaring sound you describe is the fan clutch locked in, and your fan speed is in direct relation to your engine revs. The new one acts as described above... loud for about 10-15 second after starting and pulling away, even on moderately warm days, not hot. That appears to be normal.