2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

IAT location change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IAT location change?

thanks bud, let us know how it goes, maybe some pics would be a bonus too

Old 09-15-2007, 07:18 PM
threesixoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get some pics up soon, but for now, since I finally got around to driving it since I did the mod this morning, I can tell ya what it did to my truck.

When I started it up, it idled a little rougher than usual, but after about 5 mintues of idling, it smoothed up a little, but it still idles rougher than it did before. Driving it, it feels a little more powerfull, and sounds a little different than it did before. What's weird is now my transmission wont drop into the lowest available gear, sometimes it wont even downshift into second when I romp into it, instead it only drops into third. Maybe that'll fix itself over time. When I parked it and revved it a few times, I did notice that there was white smoke coming out my exhuast! But then again, I am parked in a white rock driveway, so it may just be the gases kicking up dust. I'll look more closely into it later. But, I did find an exhuast leak on my truck! Nothing major, just a busted weld, but it's on factory plumbing, which is what is weird. I'll take it in later this week and get that leak taken care of

I did notice that she runs a little hotter than usual, normally it runs just a tick hotter than the coldest edge of the normal range, I guess that would be about 150-160ish, and now it runs at about 180-190. I guess that's to be expected when you drive the dog**** out of it for about 20 minutes in 90* heat.

Anyways, I havent logged many miles on it yet, so the idle might change as the computer adjusts to the new senser location. I'll post more about it later, after I've ran a couple tanks through it.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
threesixoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, just got back from going out on a date. I revved it a little bit to see if I could get that white smoke again, but it was all good this time. I think it was just the exhuast gasses kicking up dust from my driveway. Anyways, when I started it up to go out, and to come back from the date, the truck idled smooth like it did before I did the mod, but my transmission still isnt kicking down into the lowest gear at WOT. I think that maybe I should look into some transmission upgrades.

Anyways, so far so good!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure your kickdown cable is attached to the throttle body, a sensor location swap should throw the tranny shifting out of whack, one thing u can do is leave the ifnition on in the truck w/o the engine running and unplug the negative battery cable, then reconnect after you turned the ignition switch off, and then do 3 engine starts, i read somewhere, may have been here, thats how you do a hard pcm reset, instead of the computer taking 200 miles to learn the new parameters

Quick Reply: IAT location change?