2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

owners manual?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
dodgetruckpimp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owners manual?

anyone know where i can download an owners manual for free for a 1999 dodge dakota 5.2L 4X4 thanks. the owners manual never came with my truck when i bought it and i need to know how to install a forward facing carseat for my daughter.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
06dak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: owners manual?

Don't know where to get an owner's manual, but I do know the carseat thing...

What kind of Dak do you have and where do you want to put her? To install the seats in the back, Chrysler uses what's called a "locking" tongue on the seat belt. Basically all seatbelts but the drivers will not easily let the belt loosen when it's sinched tight. Others may have noticed this driving with you, feeling like they're getting strangled! Anyway, what that means is you can just route your belts through your seat as it's instructions say, put your knee and weight into the seat, and pull the belts as tight as you can. If you want her to sit up front, she can sit there but you must TURN OFF THE PASSENGER AIRBAG, even if she's sitting in a middle seat! If I remember correctly you need to use the key to turn the bag off with each ignition cycle.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: owners manual?