2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 Dakota Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 PM
doddakslt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dakota Electrical Problems

Greetings all. I have an electrical issue with my 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Crew SLT 5.9 ltr. My headlight ON warning chime does not work, My interior dome light will not illuminate when I open the door, but will light when I disarm the alarm system with the fob. The alarm does not provide it's audible arming sound (horn) anymore. The key in ignition chime does not work, and I am leary about the alarm even working at all. All other chimes/warnings appear to still work. What appears to be my problem?

On a second note; The drivers sidecrew cab window does not operate (up or down), and the locks on both doors on the drivers side do not set automatically. The truck locks the passenger doors at 15 mph, but the drivers side does not lock. The drivers side doors do not lock/unlock with the key fob either. What do you think might be my issue here? Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
jlking21
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Dakota Electrical Problems

check the electrical connectors inside the door panel, or where your bundle of wires go through the firewall. if the connectors are loose/disconnected the truck will not recognize that your drivers door is open.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dakota Electrical Problems