2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

For dak owners with satellite radio.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
dak3.9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For dak owners with satellite radio.....

Where do you have your recievers mounted?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
MulletsRT
Default RE: For dak owners with satellite radio.....

Depends on what interior configuration you have. With my 98 Dakota I mounted it to the vent above the radio with the clips supplied, and when I moved it over to my 03 Dakota I mounted it to the vent that is to theleft of the radio, hiding all the wires and only showing what is needed.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a club cab, mounted under the passenger seat, put a slice into the carpet and ran the wires to the door sill and ran them up into the the dash, no wires visable

Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
fyrfyghtr

I have a Sirius in-V which is very small. I mounted to the dash below the radio just left of the ashtray.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
jakebank
Rookie

In my 02 I had a little bracket built (a piece of inch wide metal bent to an angle that was suitable) that runs inbetween the piece of the dash above the radio that clips in. So between the base of the dash and the plastic clip front part if that makes sense. Then I mounted with some strong double sided tape, my receiver to the bracket. It works great its clean looking and very functional. Its been on there for a year now with no problems. Also I ran the antenna down the door jams under the carpet to the back and out above my third brake light.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:09 AM
dak3.9
Veteran

Thanks for the ideas. I have had it for a while and had it in two spots. The first spot i had it mounted was in front of the cup holedrs on the hard thing in front of the 4wd selector. And now i have it mounted on top of the dash right above the two vents i ran the wires up behind the dash bezel and i have the wires for the antenna, sub, and amp running under the carpet.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
goingmyway

Hi, my Pioneer unit was XM ready to bought the add on piece and installed it behind the interior panel underneath the rear speaker in my club cab. Luckily the main cable that attached to the head unit was long enough to reach. No cables visible at all but had to take apart the entire dash to connect the head unit cable and back seat to get access to hide the XM piece. Ran the antenae up through the rear cab ceiling and out of the upper brake light.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:19 PM
BrianM

I have a 2004 Quad cab and mounted it on the overhead console group. Its out of the way and you dont see any wires. I was going to go through the 3rd break light but I was afraid there would be a water leak or pinch the wire too much so I went out the drivers door up over the doors hidden behind the door seals then around the back. The only spot you can see the wire is where it comes out of the rear window groove and goes over the 3rd light. I am not sure if this is exactly where I want it but thats where it is now. I am working on the best reception now. (FM or direct)

Old 12-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Lofty

Ive got a 2000 dakota club cab, and i ran it through the door sil up the panels in the back into the headliner and out the third brake light.

Quick Reply: For dak owners with satellite radio.....