2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Trouble starting truck (noob)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:33 PM
pro3hpi99@Yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trouble starting truck (noob)

you could have a cracked fuel injector

Old 10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

what was the problem...?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:29 AM
aakrusen

^^^^ The problem was that I didn't use the search tool on this forum. Isn't that right o-mighty one? I don't want to tell you what to do. Atleast you got another post count for this thread too, ***.

Apparently all the answers to the universe can be found by using the search tool. So, that means that no more questions should ever be posted on any forum because the answer is already out there. Sounds great. I can tell this forum is going to be great because basically 95% of posts don't need to be put up because the answer is already up,JUST USE THE SEARCH TOOL!!!! Thank you Travis for your pearls of wisdom.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

Dont post then, if your going to hold a grudge for me telling you to use the search function for how to change your oil and how much fluids your truck holds, get off the forum.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 AM
JBs DAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the Fuel-Pressure-Regulator.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 PM
threesixoh
Rookie

I had a similar problem with my truck when I first got it. What was happening was my battery was not holding a charge, so when I tried to start the truck, I had a bad voltage sag, resulting in the truck's electrical system not having enough juice to keep the fuel pump running as well as it should when I'd first start the truck. I had no idea what the problem was until a week later, when my battery stopped holding a charge alltogether.

So maybe a good place to start would be your battery. If you have a buddy to give you a hand, take off the airhat and spray starting fluid into the throat of your throttle body, if your truck fires right up that way, your fuel system is at fault. But dont qoute me on that one, never tried it with an EFI engine, just on small engines and my old carburated '81 accord. (on the accord I needed a new fuel pump, filter, and rebuilt the carb. ouch!) [align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Trouble starting truck (noob)