2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

'04 CPO with issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 PM
ptootsov
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 CPO with issues

Hi guys, Just upgraded my '94 Dak CC for a CPO '04 but find I'm having issues with it. Just picked it up this past Thursday night and it is already in the shop as of this morning. The main issue is I found a huge puddle under the passenger side carpeting. I found this while investigating the source of an unpleasant odor in the truck. As my wife put it, it smells like vomit.[:'(] When I test drove the truck it had an overpowering carpet cleaning smell the salesman attributed to it being cleanded and the windows being shut. I bought the truck on the condition the smell be eraticated, and it being a CPO, I knew that it is point 125 thus giving me some leverage. When I picked up the truck there was a bit of cleaning smell, but nto the extendt of the previous day. However, the widows were all open ( for how long I don't know). It sat all day Friday while I as at work and Sat when we went to use it, it smelled like barf. It appears they tried to mask the smell as I found dryer sheets tucked under the seats![:@] When I told the dealship SM's about this, one smiled, I told him I didn't think it was funny.

To add to it, I fanally decided to test the cd player as well. That is also broken! So much for the CPO process!

Should I push for a new carpet as I do not know if the water issue caused the smell? The water is clear so its leaking in from somewhere.

Thanks,

Peeter

Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM
06dak
Rookie
Default RE: '04 CPO with issues

Push for your money back... seems they were trying to pull a fast one! Water under the passenger side many times can be heater core, and if they aren't fixed quick you can do some nasty stuff to your engine.

If you don't getyour moneyback move up the chain to manager, GM, etc...

Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
ptootsov
Default RE: '04 CPO with issues

Got it back from service last night. They fixed leaks by the windshield cowling and pass door seals. It's going to rain tonight so I'll check it in the morning. Also, the water was clear and no antifreeze smell so I doubt it was the heater core ( had one of those go in a Blazer I had way back when and you don;t forget that sickly sweet smell that fills the air).

Well, I gave them a chance to make it right and so far they've come through.I'm still going to keep an eye( and nose) on the carpet as it waswet and may develop a moldy smell.I have a 3mo 3000 mil unlimited warranty ( and 8yr 80k on powertrain) . Since this is a secondary vehicle, I'll probably hit he 3mo before the 3k so if anything arises I'll make sure to get it taken care our right away.

Going to start some minor mods in the coming months (adding foglights, bars, etc) so I'll be here in and out with questions

Peeter

Quick Reply: '04 CPO with issues