2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

where to find fuel injector clips??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default where to find fuel injector clips??

hey guys.. i finally started putting my hughes stage one intake manifold on, and in the process i lost 2 of the aluminum clips that attach onto the fuel injector at the top of it... just to stabalize it i guess. does anyone know where i could get one of these? im almost done getting the manifold on, but i pressured up the fuel system and those 2 injectors leaked so i know i need those little clips. its always something. lets just hope i didnt drop it into the distributor gear or something when i had the manifold off. if that happens... i think im going to give up forever. luckily im pretty sure i just dropped it on top of the transmission somewhere.
thanks guys

Old 11-04-2007, 08:40 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: where to find fuel injector clips??

is this a clip that was moved over from the stock manifold? if so, dealer is your best bet...

Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a strong magnet and see if it will pick up the clips. Iv dropped some into weird places before (not clips but bolts.) even stick your head under there and have a look it will help...

Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I dont think he dropped them into the engine compartment... they're probably lost in the garage somewhere..

Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran

Checking with a dealership is always your best bet, but you may find that the clips aren't available on their own (ie: have to buy rails to get clips)

I'd recommend posting a wanted note amongst the various Dodge truck forums on the web. You may find someone who switched to a set of aftermarket fuel rails (ie: GiSM Motorsports, KRC, etc.) - they don't use those clips so someone may have some they'd be willing to give away.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

thanks for the suggestions. i know that i dropped them down under the engine, probably sitting in a bunch of wire harnesses somewhere. i tried blowing them out with compressed air, jacked up the truck... still couldnt get them. i asked at advanced auto parts, they didnt have any either. i'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and hopefully i can get them without buying the whole fuel rail. in other news, i got my truck running, i got new o rings for the injectors because some were leaking. the two without clips dont leak but i'd like to have them on there for sure... because i think they could leak pretty easily if they moved or something. if they did, the engine could catch on fire then i'd really be out of luck. oh by the way, that hughes stage one manifold gave me a very noticible gain on the test drive. i didnt really floor it or anything because i knew i didnt have those clips in, but it was still noticable... and no more knocking either.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much horsepower do you think on the intake?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker

like i said i kinda babied it... i'll update once i find some damn injector clips

Quick Reply: where to find fuel injector clips??