2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Silly brake line question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
mongo001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly brake line question

I'm about to have to change pretty much all my brake lines out on my 1997 Dakota. It's a 4X4 and sees alot of off road driving plus the Michigan salt, so the brake lines look pretty rough. My question is - does anyone know approximately how much brake line and brake line armor there is on a truck? Ebay's got 100ft coils of brake line and the springy looking armor for a reasonable price, I think. Anyway, thanks for any info. If I don't get anything, I'll just have to rough measure and SWAG.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 AM
300exoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Silly brake line question

I couldn't tell you exactly how many feet there are but I would guess well under 100ft. I just did the brake lines on mine this year and I bought pre-bent lines from the dealership (springy armor included). I replaced both steel lines to the front claipers and the long one that leads to the rear axle along with a new proportioning valve. They really weren't that expensive and saved quite a bit of work. Under $200 IIRC. There are quite a few bends in the line to the rear and it would have taken quite a while to fabricate. The fronts are fairly simple though. If the steel lines are that bad don't forget to replace your flexable lines as well. Mine were almost half the inside diameter that they should be and probably wouldn't have lasted much longer. Good luck with the project.

Quick Reply: Silly brake line question