2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

NEED HELP ASAP please. Dont want to break...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
djs2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP ASAP please. Dont want to break...

Tring to replace my front door speakers (yes im a newb). I have the door panel off and everything went flawless but there are two metal rods wrapped in silver and purple which are connected to plastic pieces to the door handle I believe.

*Looking down*

removingpanel.jpg

Im afraid the plastic parts that are connected to the metal rods arent very strong, ANY info helping me take these off or replacing the speakers is very appreciated, thanks!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
spencea15
Record Breaker
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP please. Dont want to break...

What year is your truck? On my truck there was a white piece that you would turn to releace the bar that is for the door lacth. I think it moves toward the door. I only have one bar so it could be different. Take your time and drill the holes carefully.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

yea there should be a plastic release tab. I don't see how different it can be compared to the other 2nd gens

Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea those rods operate your door lock and door "****".. so to speak, just take note which rod goes where and the white clips snap off the rods, just turn them 90 degrees off the rod and the rods are free, dont let the door panel rest on the rods, i did that to mine the first time i removed my panel and they slightly bent, and trying to lock and unlock the door from the inside takes some muscle now

Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
paxmaster2000
Amateur

your truck is around a 03 to 04 right? mine looks like that . i have an 04. they are a real b**ch. just be carefull it can be done . they are just as hard to put on as they are to take off .what i did was with the cover like you have it slide it towards the rear of the . that will give you some slack now you can get them off . same for install.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
djs2

ya its an 04, thanks all for the help! I will try to update with any questions/comments soon.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP please. Dont want to break...