2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

V8 Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Twiztid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V8 Engine Swap

ORIGINAL: User2006

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

is it a 5.9 or 5.2?
if it doesn't have a Z in the VIN it would make it a 5.2. UNLESS somone did a swap on it already.
I have seen 5.9's in Durangos that were not R/T from the factory.....I owned one. Not sure if there were non-RT 5.9'd Dakotas too. Thought I would throw that out there.

you could always get abuild sheet from the factory.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Twiztid

ORIGINAL: User2006

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

is it a 5.9 or 5.2?
if it doesn't have a Z in the VIN it would make it a 5.2. UNLESS somone did a swap on it already.
I have seen 5.9's in Durangos that were not R/T from the factory.....I owned one. Not sure if there were non-RT 5.9'd Dakotas too. Thought I would throw that out there.

you could always get abuild sheet from the factory.
ya they made some with 5.9s, just like QC dakotas had the 5.9 but didnt have the R/T Package (gears, suspension, body, ect..) but they still had the 5.9 in them, from time to time you will see some idiot trying to sell a QC dakota as a R/T... only because it has the 360.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Twiztid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah whenI was in school I argued with a guy for 15 minutes about my Durango. He got all ina tiffy whenI told him it wasnt an R/T.....he was all "blah blah i work at dodge....it has to be an R/T with the 5.9". SoI walked outside, showed him it was a 5.9 non-RT and told him "yeah but you detail cars for dodge"........think that was the last time we talked.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Twiztid

Yeah whenI was in school I argued with a guy for 15 minutes about my Durango. He got all ina tiffy whenI told him it wasnt an R/T.....he was all "blah blah i work at dodge....it has to be an R/T with the 5.9". SoI walked outside, showed him it was a 5.9 non-RT and told him "yeah but you detail cars for dodge"........think that was the last time we talked.
and thats why i dont go to dealerships.... 90% of the people working there dont know one DAMN thing about ANYTHING!

and i also hate dumbasses that think they know everything. If you honestly dont know, dont argue about it, just say "i think" and if you get proved wrong take in into knowledge and know next time. Thats what i do.

and ya ive argued with people about **** like that before, one was about the gear ratio on an R/T... they didnt beleive me that it had 3.92s so i had to show them the sticker in the glovebox and the ****ing axle! To get them to trust me.

Quick Reply: V8 Engine Swap