2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Custom front tag Brackets ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom front tag Brackets ?

Anyone out there build some sort of custom bracket for a lower front lisence plate, instead of having to mount it to a bumper cover ? Mine is the stock plate bracket, but its screwed to my Street Scene bumper cover, and I just dont care for the fact that its tearing my bumper cover up... its already warped it, etc... I cant put the tag on the front dash, the police are real **** about front tags around here.

Anyways, I looked underneath and it appears that if you were to make some sort of L shaped bracket, mounted to the crossmember underneath, it would work. Maybe make it tubular, like the cargo racks on ATVs or flat like sheet metal, have it come out and stick up in front of the bumper cover, but not too close to it, and it wouldnt look too bad.

~CYCLONE_06[/align]

Old 11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Custom front tag Brackets ?

you can always get a door hinge and mount the liscense plate to that, either with the plates predrileld holes or drill new ones into it, andbolt it or rivit it to the plastic splashguard that sits behind the bumper, kind of a tractor trailer deal goin on there

Old 11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
DAKAK

On my 02' dak I ziptied it 2 my lower billet grill no holes and i could take it off at car shows

Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star

The ground ate my stock plate holder (damn ruts were a lot deeper than i thought) so i just zip tied it on. Just get one that are UV protected and they will last.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM
skeeter0288
Professional

i just took mine off and put it and the bracket in the shed.looks much better with no tag at all.

Quick Reply: Custom front tag Brackets ?