2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

transmission cable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Ethica19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission cable?

I was cleaning the throttle body on my truck and I noticed that all of the cables going to the tb were nice and tight but there was once that had some slack. it's the one that goes to passenger side of the firewall. Is this the cable that controls transmission shifting? My truck shifts really hard, I've heard of the governor pressure solenoid going bad as well. Any one got ideas?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transmission cable?

Thats your tv cable I believe. Yes it can cause hard down shifting. Your supposed to adjust this to move with the THROTTLE. I heard the best way to adjust is get someone on the inside to press the cable once it is full down adjust it. Not sure how though but that is what My mechanic told me.

go to v8performance.com there is a how to on the tv cable though but this method I heard is crap lol. Maybe someone will tap into this thread...

Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: transmission cable?

x2... the TV cable can be adjusted... there is a white clip on the bracket that will allow you to adjust it. pull all of the slack out of it and have just a hair of tension on it at closed throttle...

Quick Reply: transmission cable?