2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

lowering---the right way

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
98dakota98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering---the right way

i want to lower my truck but have heard different ways to do it that are "correct"

i have heard that using springs puts the ball joints at a wierd angle and they are more likely to break at such an angle. i have heard that control arms make the wheels lean like this / \ or like this \/. i haven't heard anything bad about spindles though. as for the rear i haven't heard anything bad. i am looking for a 3/4 or 3/5 kit and wanted to get opinions on what parts to use, what manufacturers, etc. please let me know what parts you are using and good/bad experience with them or other parts. also post pics if you have some. thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: lowering---the right way

uhh, your wheels will only look like that if you dont dont get it aligned after you install the control arms. It has way to much Camber, and springs change both caster, camber. Just after you install the **** dont be like a ricer and think its cool to have your tires looking like this.. / \ going down the road.. good way to have a balljoint snap and your tire fall off.. god damn idiots. Ive seen 2 cars like that over here in Dallas. Kids lower there honda to the damn ground and then dont align it. But i also think they did that because they didnt have enough money to by tires that woudn't rub since it was so low... sheesh.

Go air bags, or TVS... TVS is only like 2/3 but with some 20s it lookslow enough... you dont want to bottom out everywhere.