2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Funny sound after a rough start

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny sound after a rough start

The other morning I had gone out to start my truck before work. I reached over from the passenger side to start it and upon doing so, the key slipped for a sec and I guess you would say I did a double start. The truck turned over for a split sec, thekey slipped and I turned the key again immediately. Now I have an issue with a slight ricking sound in the motor. It almost sounds like an exhaust issue but once the truck warms up, it goes away. A friend of mine told me it may be a coil pack or something like that but I really don't know. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I am thinking something to do with the plugs because the noise is coming from the passenger side near the exhaust manifold. I really don't think it is an exhaust problem from starting it like this? Then again that's why I am here. I am not a mechanic by any means and would like some advice. I know I can trust you all since you have helped me out in the past. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:24 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funny sound after a rough start

cracked manafold? they have a history of the studs coming loose out of the block too..

Quick Reply: Funny sound after a rough start