2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

TSBs & Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:26 AM
bids1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSBs & Recalls

Do TSBs and recalls ever expire? My Truck is a 1997 Dakota. I would guess that I would take the vin # to a dealer to find out if all or some of them were done. If not would the dealer be required to perform the work even with the vehicle being a 1997?
Wally

Old 03-13-2008, 12:36 AM
ricbrk
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TSBs & Recalls

I took my Ford into the dealer for an entirely different problem, and when I picked it up, they said they fixed a couple recalls that were never done on it. I never even heard of them. One was pretty important because the cruise control supposedly could short and burn the truck up, "although I wish it would have". The truck was 12 years old, so I assume they don't expire ?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TSBs & Recalls

TSB's dont im pretty sure because they just tell the mechanic what to look at if someone is bitching about something and im pretty sure recall's dont either but dont quote me on that. Over at the dodge.com page if you goto owners or something like that you can type in teh last 8 digits of your vin and see if there are any recalls for it.

Quick Reply: TSBs & Recalls