2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Auburn Differential Upgrade Cost

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Auburn Differential Upgrade Cost

ORIGINAL: fivehundo

ORIGINAL: pitkanen44flyers

i would definitaly say thats to much i got quoted 950-1000 for a complete rebuild of the rear. i wanted the auburn but the guy at the shop talked me into what he uses. he said he's been using them since he opened and has rarely had anything fail. i forget the brand name but he gets the parts from a performance shop. haven't gotten the truck back yet but i will this weekend coming up ill post up everything they did and the final cost. im in pa so i cant help you with shops but i would def look around at different ones.
When you get your truck back, can you tell me what your guy used as far as replacement parts? The Auburn stuff sounds like it could be another headache...
well im home from school tonight so got my truck back, haven't driven it yet cuz i've been watching the flyers game but i just wanted to let you know the cost and what they did. it doesn't say on the receipt what parts they used to replace it but i have the cost so u can get a ball park if you havne't gotten yours done yet.
Bearing and Seal kit-$128
Posi unit assembly-$458.33
Shipping-$24.29
Axle seal-$5.16
Random stuff-$14.49
Labor-$249.60
Total-$938.13
they said that they found metal in the oil and cracked clips when they took the cover off
ill take it for a test drive later to see how she feels and if you really wanna know what they used i suppose i can call and ask him for you sometime next week

Old 04-14-2008, 02:00 PM
fivehundo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Auburn Differential Upgrade Cost

ORIGINAL: fivehundo

i would definitaly say thats to much i got quoted 950-1000 for a complete rebuild of the rear. i wanted the auburn but the guy at the shop talked me into what he uses. he said he's been using them since he opened and has rarely had anything fail. i forget the brand name but he gets the parts from a performance shop. haven't gotten the truck back yet but i will this weekend coming up ill post up everything they did and the final cost. im in pa so i cant help you with shops but i would def look around at different ones.
When you get your truck back, can you tell me what your guy used as far as replacement parts? The Auburn stuff sounds like it could be another headache...
well im home from school tonight so got my truck back, haven't driven it yet cuz i've been watching the flyers game but i just wanted to let you know the cost and what they did. it doesn't say on the receipt what parts they used to replace it but i have the cost so u can get a ball park if you havne't gotten yours done yet.
Bearing and Seal kit-$128
Posi unit assembly-$458.33
Shipping-$24.29
Axle seal-$5.16
Random stuff-$14.49
Labor-$249.60
Total-$938.13
they said that they found metal in the oil and cracked clips when they took the cover off
ill take it for a test drive later to see how she feels and if you really wanna know what they used i suppose i can call and ask him for you sometime next week
Yeah, let me know. I'm thinking about gettin an Auburn kit sometime this week. My brother has a bud that has a 4x4 shop. He might be able to score me a deal...

The only compalint I've heard about them is that when they fail, you have to replace the whole diff. Since the truck has 118,000 miles on it already, I really don't think it's going to hold out long enough to need another new differential.

Quick Reply: Auburn Differential Upgrade Cost