2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

air intake ideas and problems NEED OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 PM
04firedak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake ideas and problems NEED OPINIONS

ok well another saturday has come and gone so my 04 dak was worked on again..

i was at odds recently to why dodge used the "air hat thingy" thats found on the 3.7L and 4.7L magnums...so im try to get rid of it...one to make life easier and 2 to make life easier

so i was off to the yard today to see if i could find some rubber intake hoses that might work...it was muddy as hell so i wasnt there long due to the fact i had my runners on...[&:]

i did find the intake from a bronco 2 so i took it home

well it ALMOST works...i just need to think up and adapter and cut it down alittle and it should all work without that stupid air hat...

now the problem..

well connected to the air hat is the air temp sensor...(plugged into the side) WELL now i need to figure out how to
1) move it to a good spot to get temp (pic to follow if i can get it to work)
2) cut whole in air intake rubber and create a slot for it...

number one is eaier BY FAR...just cut wire and run to desired position and soder back together.

but 2 would be nicer just incase the place i put it doesnt work..(pic to follow)

so thoughts?

i want to move the air temp sensor to the pass fender and connect the sensor to the inside of the intake from the fender (where the airbox gets its air from) (i hope the pictures make sense)

so DISCUSS!

well the pics arent working but u guys do know what im talking about right?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 AM
04firedak
Default RE: air intake ideas and problems NEED OPINIONS

ok well i went browseing just recently and i came across a direct bolt in replacement...

for only $200 which i can afford

but the question that remains is, is there a slot of the sensor on the side of the air hat...the air temp sensor...or w/e sensor is there...

here is the link

http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/st...847177157.html

just copy and paste...cause if everything is a direct replacement i just might go ahead and order :P

Old 04-13-2008, 05:06 PM
scandal669
Veteran
Default RE: air intake ideas and problems NEED OPINIONS

do a search on air intakes, there are a ton of ideas and opinions on them for your truck...my opinion is that they are a waste of money. you wont get as much bang for your buck and $200 will be better spent doing other things.

Quick Reply: air intake ideas and problems NEED OPINIONS