2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No Brakes

Maybe your cable connecting to the pedal is broken? Just an idea.... Could be anything... Have you tried changing all the fluid? I bet you have like a clog in the line...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
tspeed109
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sometimes with anti-lock brakes you have to have the key on when you bleed the brakes or have the engine running.
Hope this helps. do some research on this and let me know.
Troy

Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
01dakv686
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, who wants to know how much of an idiot i am? I'm sure everyone does so here it goes. When i first changed my pads and rotors before winter the caliper bolts stripped out so i drilled the hole bigger and used a bigger bolt. Just a regular hex head bolt, when i changed the hub assembly the heads of the bolts were set into the caliper and it was a pain in the butt to get them out. so when i put it all back together i put washers on them so the head wouldn't go into the caliper any more. And there was my problem, the caliper could not slide on the bolt like it is supposed to.

So now i have brakes after almost 300 bucks of unnecessary parts except there is a little pulsating in the pedal but i think its because of the bolts still, so i'll need to change the steering knuckle like i was going to before so i can use the original bolts. Thanks for the input even though it was a dumb mistake on my part.

Batman, good call on the simple part.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate when it is something simple... I remember my truck would not start but would crank okay... so whats wrong. Changed all the plugs, wire, cap ,rotor still nothing, okay, my dad comes, cleans one of the battery cables vrooom starts up. I hate when it's something so little!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
01dakv686
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i never check the small stuff and thats what it always seems to be. lol. My front end still shakes and higher speeds when i hit the brakes but i think its because of those bolts. Hopefully it won't be long before i can get those knuckles so it can be the way its suppose to. And friday the dealer should have a new clip for me for where the booster connects to the brake pedal.

Quick Reply: No Brakes