2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Front drive shaft making noise at 45 mph +

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:58 AM
margarett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front drive shaft making noise at 45 mph +

I have a 2002 qaud cab 4x4 2500 5.9 5 speed manual trans 410 ratio I put the daystar coil spacers in my truck now when I go 45 = mph I get a loud humming noise when I put my plow on the noise is gone the front--- drive shaft is at to much of an angle right?? why is it my last 2002 ram which was an auto,nd I did the same coil spacer never had a noise-- is the front drive shaft a different length on a 5 speed--- is there some one that makes a lock out hub for thses trucks--- my front drive shaft turns ALL the time even in 2 wheel high here is why my front shaft allways spins thanks

Models: 2002 (BR/BE) Ram Truck 2500, 3500

NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO 2500 AND 3500 (BE/BR) RAM TRUCKS BUILT AFTER JANUARY 4, 2002 AND EQUIPPED WITH FRONT AXLES WITH THE FOLLOWING PART NUMBERS: 52070136AO, 52070137AO, 52070138AP, AMD 52070139AO.

Overview:
This bulletin involves a mid-2002 model year deletion of the front axle disconnect system on 2002 (BE/BR) 2500 and 3500 Ram Trucks. This change effects the front axle, transfer case and engine/headlamp 2nd dash wiring harnesses.

Discussion:

1. The vehicles Involved still retain Shift On the Fly (SFO) capability, however with this change, the front driveshaft will now turn continuously when the vehicle is being driven.

2. When the vehicle is stopped In 2WD, the front driveshaft will no longer spin freely.

3. The 4WD Indicator light on the instrument panel is now controlled by a switch on the transfer case.

4. If there is a mechanical problem causing loss of 4WD the indicator light will be "ON" if the shifter is in the 4WD "HI" or "LO" position.

5. If the indicator light is not functioning properly when the transfer case shifter is in the 4WD position, the transfer case switch, dashboard indicator light or circuit should be diagnosed first.

6. Parts required for service on vehicles with this change are readily available already identified in the Mopar Parts Catalog.

NOTE:. DUE TO THE TIMING OF THIS CHANGE THIS INFORMATION IS NOT REFLECTED IN THE SERVICE MANUAL (PUBLICATION # V 81-370-02057).

NOTE: DIAGNOSTIC AND SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR THE FRONT AXLE DISCONNECT SYSTEM, RELATED VACUUM LINES, THE TRANSFER CASE SYNCHRONIZER ASSEMBLY, MAIN SHAFT ASSEMBLY, HUB, STRUTS, RETAINING RING, SLIDING CLUTCH AND SPRING SHOULD BE DISREGARDED. SERVICE INFORMATION TO SUPPORT THIS CHANGE IS CURRENTLY BEING DEVELOPED AND WILL BE ON A FUTURE MDS2 CD RELEASE WHEN DEVELOPMENT IS COMPLETED.

Policy: Information Only

Old 01-20-2005, 02:20 AM
margarett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front drive shaft making noise at 45 mph +

sorry wrong place

Quick Reply: Front drive shaft making noise at 45 mph +