2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Heater Core Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Dodge Rules
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core Change

Well after about two days of work with my dad in the garage on my truck i have finfished replacing the heater core in my truck. Hollly crap man that was the biggest pain in the but, i am pretty sure that is the hardest thing to change on that truck. I have a 1998 club cab V6. i would not have been able to do it with out my dad, i have to give amjor props to my dad he did mehuge favor. Thank you JB for the DIY that helped a bunch. I just need the heater hoses that come of the heater core, some atifreeze and the free-on. thanks everyone this forum is awsome and gives alot of help.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:52 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Heater Core Change

ya i still need to do mine. I just dont want to bite the bullet and do it. Its a bitch and i would rather pay a shop to do it, but i hate doing that cuz i dont know if they do it right, and i dont want to do it cuz its to much of a bitch, so im in a bind lol.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Dodge Rules
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heater Core Change

well it was not to bad but i had my dad help me like i had previously had said, but he has 18-20 years mechanic experience. once you get the dash in a sturdy place my dad and i rigged up a hoist with some tie downs that held the truck up and that is how we took the box out. after that it was a snap putting everything back together. You definately need a second hand with this job. good luck with your choice i could not swallow 1100 dollars for the stealership to do it and be scared that it break on me.

Quick Reply: Heater Core Change