2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

more exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
02dodgedak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more exhaust sound

hi i am new to site and am not sure if this has been posted in the past or not but i have 20023.9 v6 and i do not want to replace the exhaust but am wandering if there is anyway to get a little more noise out of the stock and if there is none maybe someone nows of some exhaust clips that i could chose from?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:44 PM
batman13
Grand Champion
Default RE: more exhaust sound

if you dont want to replace it,
then just cut it off....
that would up the volume a bit but you lose low end grunt...
lol
j/p
flowmaster would be the way to go

Old 07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran

You cant really answer the "Which exhaust is best," without be biased... Ive got dueled out glass packs and to me, they sound better then any other exhaust ive heard on a dakota, but im not gonna sit here and tell you that they are the way to go, you may not like the sound. As batman stated you COULD cut out muffler, but one, depending on the state you live in, and county, it could be illegal, 2, you truck will sound like a tuna boat. Plus you lose all your back pressure which you want "some."I ran without a muffler for about 3 month and it was cool at first but it got annoying really fast.I got my Glass packs cause my brother works part time at Midas, and a 65 camaro came in and wanted to switch out to flow masters, and the dude told him he could keep them, so my brother called me up, Y-ed out the exhaust and welded em in for me, FOR FREE!!!... There really is no way to change the sound without really replacing mufflers. You could add a tip that has baffles in it, but then it'll just sound like a rice burner. Look around, listen to some clips, pick one you like, and go from there...thats just my advice

Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

me too i got a turbo tube (glass pack) its about 22" long with 18" rolled edge tips......but then again ive got a better/louder exhaust cuz i got then there fancy engines with two more manly cyl-anders

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMcv24hM0cU

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran

Ya ive seen that video before, ive also got the 4.7L V-8.

Quick Reply: more exhaust sound