2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

All cylinders on Bank 1 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Rouler01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post All cylinders on Bank 1 misfire

2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 Sport

Since I bought my dakota about 1 year ago i have had misfires on Cyl. 1,3,5.

The really wierd part is that only those three register a code on the ODB, and they are all on the same sided of the engine.

I have tried all the obvious stuff: plugs, wires, rotor button, cap, injector cleaner, air filter, and even replaced that little PCV valve.

Anyway, if anyone has ever had a complete cylinder bank misfire on them before and found out what was causing it, please let me know.

Just knowing what is causing it would make my day.

Last edited by Rouler01; 08-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:12 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

check the cam sensor and the crank sensor. I had a problem when I got my truck, but however I never got any codes... I don't think it is the coil... Bring it to a mechanic and get him to hook it up to a DRB scanner...

Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
bluebabygurl
Default bank 1 misfire

I also have a 2001 Dodge Dakota V6 SLT shes my baby my bro works on her. If your truck shakes really bad at idle check your vaccuum hose because mine is doing the same thing and when the truck was on and my brother started wiggling the hose with some force the truck started to shake really bad. I hope this helps you. we've been working on my truck on and off for 3 weeks.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:40 AM
bluebabygurl
Default bank 1 misfire

Hey its me again V6 SLT dont know if that helped you or not but my pile of crap is still have a siesure so im taking it to my uncle's machanic cause my bro can't keep wasting his time working on it because everyday we end up at square one so when i get my truck back i update you as to what the problem was with mine and that may help

Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
bluebabygurl
Default bank 1 misfire

Just got my truck back from dealer and runs like bruce jenner in the olympics check your O2 downstream left bank sensor and it most likely will be throwing crazy voltage.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Independentfool
Veteran

check your injectors(ohm them) and inspect the injector wiring on that bank.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:08 AM
bluebabygurl
Default bank 1 misfire

I got my truck back a second time and it needed a major tune up several sensors throttle sensor, cam sensor, crank sensor, o2 downstream left bank, they updated my PCU which is the part of the computer that manages the engine functions which tec said usually runs about 200 but they only charged me the labor on it since they had it for a week and my uncle works for chrysler and we were repeat customers.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
artking

I've had the same thing P0300 P0301 P0303 P0305
on and off for two years. Replaced *******ly everything Had the intake manifold off twice. No improvement. Had one suggest a history of transmission slippage when driving on a rough road causing codes. I am trying a transmission additive now... will report back.

Quick Reply: All cylinders on Bank 1 misfire