2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

02 4X4 can't sell it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Radman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 4X4 can't sell it!

With gas prices being what they are, I got out of camping (for now at least) and sold my
26' travel trailor.

Now I'm trying to sell my 02 Dakota 4X4 Sport with the factory tow, 4.7 V8 and under
47k and can't get a bite on it! It's been setting in my front yard all summer and two
people stopped to look at it. I *was* asking 9k for it and that's lower than the Kelly
Blue Book. I finally gave up and made up a sign that said "Make Offer" and STILL nothing!

I finally gave that up, washed it up again and took it out to my Father-In-Laws farm and
put it in the barn and covered it with a good truck cover..

I guess I'll use it next spring as a trade-in for a gas sipper.

Any one else having trouble sell their Dakota?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me....i went though a stage where i wanted/needed to sell but i only got 3 ppl looking at it.......and once they seen my miles and price...i never heard from them again. so i hear ya.....but an 02 with 47k is wiked awesome.....but then again the palce u live adn how gas is doin u some bad.....

another thing to consider is that KBB is horrible ...they never consider millage or gas prices. so thats a bad source to start with!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

yea agreed check with NADA guides (nadaguide.com i think) they seem to be more reasonable(lower usually)

Quick Reply: 02 4X4 can't sell it!