2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Which Chip and CIA

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
tazzmenn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Chip and CAI

History: 2004 QC 4.7l with 90,000 km (56,000 miles) I just upgraded to Flowmaster 50 SOS. Found out that the previous owner had removed the cats and put in a straight pipe. I will have to put a new cat in to pass emissions testing. My question is which CAI is best suited for this motor, which brand. I will be getting a computer upgrade shortly so input on that is also appreciated. My dilemma is there are way to many brands out there and I need help short-listing them. Same with the chip or module.

Tim

Last edited by tazzmenn; 08-24-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2008, 05:27 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The PCM should be your last project. From your sig it says its bone stock with a free flowing exhaust.

Dont waste any money on any chips or modules for your PCM, anything that plugs directly into the pcm will be over-written in time by the pcm rendering its useless. Handhelds are much better, or a custom flash.

If you do anything to the PCM, get a Superchip or Hypertech Programmer. Nothing else.

as for he CAI.

Most of the 4.7 guys i know have made there own out of PVC pipe. Or just get the K&N intake if your lazy and dont want to make it custom.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

home made for sure. about $20 in PVC and you have a decent CAI for cheeeeeap. not the $200something that some of them cost.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can find the older model superchips programmer which is called the max microtuner on ebay for around $200 now...everyonce in a while...i've been looking trying to find a cheaper one not sure what these's are rated at hp wise but their newer model the flashpaq is rated at like 21ish hp and 19ish torque and i've heard really good things about them the newer one is $379 tho

Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM
big.bryant
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check ebay

if you are looking for a cheap cai, then just go on ebay. like i bought mine (basically a k&n for pretty cheap) for $25 for the cai and then $20 for shipping. gets there in like three days and is easy to put on. (took me twenty minutes to take off the stock one and put on the new one) (only reason it took me that long is that there was a hard to get to bolt so i spent 10 minutes messing with that. ive had mine for 20,000 miles and still runs like the day i got it.

Quick Reply: Which Chip and CIA