2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

blinker issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM
knob_style
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question blinker issues

Last winter while unhitching the sled trailer, i dropped the tongue and in turn pulled the trailer plug apart, as it was still plugged in. normally i wouldve just unplugged by hand by pulling the 2 plugs apart, but it slipped! i didnt think this was much of a big deal as it had happened before. unfortunately once i got back in the truck i noticed by blinkers or 4 ways did not work anymore. the can still here the ticking of the blinkers if i manually move the blinker arm but no little green arrows... If i hit the brakes and manually move the blinker arm, the brake lights will flash as if the rear blinkers are working, but nothing up front, and it has to be done manually. Not really sure what shorted out. the trailer plug still works, but only the brake lights come on the trailer. all other lights work fine, just a blinker issue. is my flasher unit bad? all the fuses are good.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you hear the clicking noise when the blinkers are on the flasher is OK. I would check back in the rear of the truck where the trailer harness is spliced into the rear light wiring. There has to have been someting pulled loose or shorted there if it worked ok before you dropped the trailer.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: blinker issues