2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Heater core......

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Dakota_SuperChips
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core......

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota w/a 4.7l V-8. I by-passed my heater core because it was leaking into the passenger floorboard of my truck. I can't seem to find a heatercore for it anywhere. Aftermarket's not available and dealer says its on back-order. I was told that the maker of the heater core recalled them because of a design flaw. Can anyone help?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you try Carquest or Big A Auto Parts? They sometimes have parts that Napa and the other stores don't carry. I had to get my AC accumulator-drier at Carquest, nobody else had one.

And Welcome to the forum..There's a lot of good guys here who can help with lots of different problems. Nice to see someone from home here, I am from Ft. Walton Beach but living near Tampa now.

Jimmy

Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Dakota_SuperChips
Rookie
Default Heater core.....

I've tried Carquest, Advanced Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'rileys. Nobody aftermarket can get one. I guess it's a dealer item, funny thing is that not even the dealer can get one. Thanks alot for your reply.

Darren

Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this what your looking for http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sh...ge/dakota.html google is your best friend on the internet

Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Dodge Rules
Professional

wow i am so suprised that not one of them had one for your truck. what did they tell you they just did not have them in stock. Everywhere that i looked when i changed mine i found them at mutiple place Napa autoxone but i ended up ordering it ofline. good luck. When you get the heater core. Just PM me and i can give some pointers on how to change it. It can be a chore that is for sure. I had to have my dad help me.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Dakota_SuperChips
Rookie

TheePlaymaker.....
Thanks for the reply...I checked out that site and they want $378 for theirs and it has only a one year warranty. The dealer says if I pre-pay for theirs at $190 I would get my name on the backorder list and when they got to my name they would call me when it came in. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Heater core......