2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

power lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 PM
kurbycar32
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power lock problem

i was out dirt biking, took the dakota and the kid to the track. my 5 month old son was sitting on my lap in the cab while we watched my daughter on her quad go around the track. he was playing around with the switches and now i have a weird problem. first the locks go up and down when activated with the remote so i know the lock mechanisms work. the locks don't lock when the truck hits 15mph, i havent disabled this feature. using the switches on the door doesnt unlock the door but it seems to lock perfectly. whats broken?

Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It may be nothing is broken, your son just reset the programming on the keyless entry somehow. Your owner's manual should have a section there on the user-programmable features on the keyless. Maybe go thru that and see if you just need to set them back the way it was.

If he kept on cycling the locks repeatedly it could have damaged the actuators or caused a problem in the Central Timer Module, but personally I doubt it. Check the programming first.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: power lock problem