2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Superchips problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 07:03 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

mine has worked perfect since i got it...

Old 02-28-2009 | 07:03 PM
freezerman
|

I don't think i've made my point clear.
1. Be aware if you are buying a used Superchip control it may or may not work on the vehicle listed on the unit.
2.If I had bought this unit new at any time, even though my vehicle is listed on the unit I would have had to send it in to get reproggramed for More money. I just thought that is a little unfair.
Not saying anything good or bad about the controller or company just informing.

Old 02-28-2009 | 07:24 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

i bought mine used and its been perfect...there are always certain things that happen that affect certain things especially with a used unit...just me once you get it back you'll enjoy it

Old 02-28-2009 | 10:27 PM
freezerman
|

I hope so. I'll know in about a week. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2009 | 08:41 PM
Dakota_SuperChips
Rookie

I have a 2003 Dak with the 4.7 in it and I also have a 3715 Superchips tuner. I have had absolutely no problems with mine. I have put it on my truck and other trucks also. (one at the time of course) It might have something to do with the year yours was purchased or it may just be a bad one. If I had just waited til the 3815 was released I would have bought it. Right now i'm happy with the one I have because i'm planning to do some pretty good stuff to mine in the future.

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by freezerman
I don't think i've made my point clear.
1. Be aware if you are buying a used Superchip control it may or may not work on the vehicle listed on the unit.
2.If I had bought this unit new at any time, even though my vehicle is listed on the unit I would have had to send it in to get reproggramed for More money. I just thought that is a little unfair.
Not saying anything good or bad about the controller or company just informing.
Where did you find it listed for your vehicle? If the place you bought it from listed it that way they should be paying for the upgrade.

If you had bought it new after 2003 and Superchips had it listed for your truck at that time I'm sure it would have worked out of the box. Keep in mind they can't see the future. It would have been nice of them to offer the upgrade for free but it's not really unfair for them not to, at the time they sold it it worked on everything they said it would.

Quick Reply: Superchips problem