2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need shocks

Ok so I was looking for the Monroe Reflex shocks for my truck. My current ones are like granite

I saw the Sesna-tracs and the said they were good for towing and hauling. Anyone use these before? They are a bit cheaper and thats what my truck sees the most for work. It will see some light off roading soon but nothing fancy.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had Sensa Tracs on my 2001 Club Cab. They were worn out in less than 35,000 miles. And I don't even tow and never go off road. Mine is a 2wd club cab. At about 20,000 miles on the shocks the ride began to get really rough and harsh. At about 33,000 I started having really bad vibration problems in the front end. I put on the Reflex and they were a lot better. It's a lot better ride but still rides and feels like a truck. Sensa Trac is really a car shock, not really designed for a truck, much less a 4 wheel drive. I would strongly suggest the Reflex based on how you use your truck. They cost more but are definitely worth the extra coin.

Jimmy

Old 03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the input. Ill gladly pay more for a product thats that much better, but if I can save a few coins and get what I need Im all over it.

But my next question is where to buy? Summit doesnt have them, I did a google search (all be it a short one) and Im looking at $180 or so plus shipping for all 4. Anyone have a favorite parts store for OEM dakota parts?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I got my Reflex'es at Napa. For all 4 it was about $220.00 including tax and they had them in stock the same day. I always buy my parts at Napa. Occasionally I will buy at the dealer if it's a part I can't get at Napa like a headlight housing. I don't buy parts online, at least not yet.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Need shocks