2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 dakota headlights go out when turned to the far right position

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
raythecaddie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 dakota headlights go out when **** is turned to the far right position

I have daytime running lights, so the headlights go on when I start the truck. When I turn the **** to the next position or middle, the parking lights come on with no intensity increase in the headlights. When I move the headlight **** to the far right or first position, the headlights go out, but the parking lights remain on. I have checked both fuse boxes and I can't even find one for the headlights, and I don't see anything burnt out either. I'm stumped, please help.

Last edited by raythecaddie; 03-27-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: missed a word in the title
Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
SeaWeedCT

Had this problem also, its either the headlight switch or the wiper / turn signal unit which is on the steering column that controls the high beams, wipers, hazards, etc.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
big.bryant
Champion

yeah this happened to me, make sure that the wires that conect the headlight switch are all good, mine were loose which was giving me the same problems you are having right now...

best.

Quick Reply: 2002 dakota headlights go out when turned to the far right position