2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity amp ohm matching...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
beefjerky
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity amp ohm matching...

Hey guys. Wanted to upgrade my speakers because.. well.. they're all blown. I just ordered some 4 ohm speakers today, but I didn't really think about the infinity amp being 2 ohm..

Am I going to run into any problems with this?..

If I will, I actually have an aftermarket headunit I can install, but I'd rather not because a bright blue slim radio looks like crap with dodge's green color scheme..

Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You shouldn't run into a problem, but the new speakers won't draw as much power because they're putting more resistance on the amp. You'll be very hardpressed to find 2 ohm aftermarket speakers, so you'll either have to settle with the 4 ohm speakers or get some factory speakers from dodge (but aftermarket speakers typically sound better than factory speakers). You'll only run into problems if you try speakers with less resistance than the amp can handle, which can fry the amp (example... if the amp can only handle 8 ohms and you try 4 ohm speakers).

Quick Reply: Infinity amp ohm matching...