2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:00 AM
hoobasta4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Question

I know there was a recent post about the xenon headlights. I would just like to ask a question about the headlights in general. A lot of applications ask for 2 bulbs on each headlight.. ONE for low beam and ONE for high beam. But my old grand am just had one on each side and just got brighter when you wanted the high beam. How is the headlight assembly for the Dakota? one or two bulbs in each headlight assembly? Also, what are the best bulbs to get. I had the Sylvania Silverstars in my grand am and loved them, but I think the xenon would be cool too. I know this post is kinda on the same topic as the other post, but just need a few questions answered!

Thanks!

Hooby

Old 03-11-2005, 07:39 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Default RE: Headlight Question

Dakotas use dual filament bulbs (high and low beams in one bulb). Others are single filament bulbs where high beam has one bulb and low has another.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:25 PM
hoobasta4
Rookie

RP racing
do you have any other bulbs? or do you have the stock.. and what would you recommend?

Hooby

Old 03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

I use stock ones. Not gonna pay $20/bulb for ones that really dont do squat other than change the headlight color for looks.

Most lighting complaints regarding "not enough light" are from people who dont have their headlights aimed regularly. Adjusting screws in the headlight bucket do lose their setting over time due to bumps and vibrations caused by everyday driving.

Old 03-13-2005, 04:41 PM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

I have a 2004 Quad Cab 4x4 and I have recently put in the new Sylvania Silver Stars in my headlights. They rock man. They are a little pricey, but I have a hard time seeing at night and these lamps along with the stock fog lamps are purfect for me. The best thing, I didn't have to adjust anything. My advise would be to check these Silver Stars out. If you need the model number it is 9007 ST/2. Good luck and I hope this helps ya out.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:36 PM
hoobasta4
Rookie

thanks DD
I had the Sylvania SilverStars in my last car, 2001 Grand Am, and absolutely loved them! so thats probably what I'm gonna do. And those lights actually do give out more light, unlike the blue bulbs that are mainly just color!

Thanks again

Hooby

Quick Reply: Headlight Question