2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Clicking from front wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009 | 10:47 PM
Excoelis
|
Default Clicking from front wheel

I keep getting a clicking sound from my front wheels, sounds like a rock in a hubcab sort of, but I can't figure out where it is coming from. Only notice it at slower speeds. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? Thanks! 2001 Dak QC 4X4 4.7

Old 07-17-2009 | 11:02 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

does your truck have rear disk brakes? and are you 100% positive it is in the front wheels? i had this EXACT same thing happen to me. and i narrowed it down to the noise coming from the back of the truck because my truck has disk brakes on the rear i decided to pull the rear tires off to see if there was a rock in there somewhere or something. and i pulled the rotor off to check of the parking brake drums on the inside and the wear material on the brake shoes had completely become disconnected and it was just rolling around in there. at higher speeds they will just stick to the sides and not do anything, but at slower speeds they will click around in there. so i just took the parking brake shoes right out, because it needs rebuild kit anyways. hopefully this helps.

Old 07-17-2009 | 11:24 PM
big.bryant
Champion

i had the same problem as yall but it was a big rock in my tire... check for rocks or screws first and if not that, then check the brakes like tamc said

Old 07-17-2009 | 11:38 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star

I had my adjuster cable rust apart in my drums. Drove me insane, then I broke lotsa stuff messing with it. Cost WAY more than it needed to to get fixed...

Old 07-18-2009 | 12:05 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star

Could also be a cv if it's 4x4.

Quick Reply: Clicking from front wheel