2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

damp floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts
Default damp floorboard

When I was running the RCA cables for my amp, i noticed that the sound deadening material that is yellow underneath the passenger front carpet was extremely damp. The carpet itself was dry, but it got less damp as i went up the firewall.

Do our trucks have the same issue as chevies, if the cowl gets plugged by leaves, the water comes in the cab? Or could it be a loose heater hose? or AC condensation???

Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the same problem on my passenger side I thought mine was the typical plugged ac drain hose but turns out its coming in from the cowl. I plan to fix it soon but work is pretty busy right now and its parked in the garage almost everyday so it will only leak in if I drive it when it rains. Hopefully I only have to take off the cowl and not the dash.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

few months ago i noticed the drivers side carpet of the cab was soaked. turned out it was the rear window seal from the factory was bad. corroded the connection for the power seat option. all fixed, with new glass none the less for free, since the guy broke the glass without me signing any paperwork of possible breakage of the window.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:12 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
I have the same problem on my passenger side I thought mine was the typical plugged ac drain hose but turns out its coming in from the cowl. I plan to fix it soon but work is pretty busy right now and its parked in the garage almost everyday so it will only leak in if I drive it when it rains. Hopefully I only have to take off the cowl and not the dash.
Cool. mine is stuffed with leaves so....least nothing major....hopefully

Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
fldodge4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heater core seal could be bad causing outside water to leak it happened to me and caused me electrical problems. dry it out asap

Quick Reply: damp floorboard