2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New member ,Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 01:17 AM
M0PARM0NSTER
|
Question New member ,Howdy

Im frank all i drive a 00 jeep cherokee on 6,1/2 inchs of lift with some engine bolt ons and suspension mods.
i am intrested in purchasing an 01 dodge dakota r/t
i was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about bolt ons mods for this truck. how much gains ill get out of them. what kind if horse power im putting to the rear wheels with the truck.

From what i understand about this truck there are many options as far as motor work,interior and exterior .Its like anything else ,the sky is the limit and it depends how much id like to spend. I understand the R/t dakota makes about 250 HP, give or take and if i got one id want to at least get 300 out of it.
obviously an exhaust ,intake and mabe a programmer.
what are my options with these 3 items and what would i get the most out of with my money?.

I really like my Chrysler/Mopars,thats all ive ever owned
i dont care about gas ,dinosaurs dont need it anyway lol

any help is much apprecited
thanks
-frank

Old 08-26-2009 | 06:37 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Tuner will probably give you more power than the other two, but all three will give you the most/best power. Power adders are superchargers and tubos. Supercharger is easier and just about as powerful. You'll be better of buying a supercharger just for it's simplicity/reliability. The amount of power vaires on the boost you are running.

Quick Reply: New member ,Howdy