2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

NEW CD PLAYER IDEAS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
hoobasta4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW CD PLAYER IDEAS

Hey guys, on a positive note, I was just wondering what cd player(s) would go well with my 2000 Dakota Sport? I know basically almost any can depending upon the din size, but what will look sweet? Or should I go with a flip out DVD, CD, MP3, etc player? Precision Cellular & Stereo wants about $750 for the unit and complete install! Just let me know!

hooby

Old 04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
minorthreats
Default RE: NEW CD PLAYER IDEAS

Depending on the dash color, I would go with the Panasonic Ghost touchscreen display. It's all black when off and looks amazing. The face flips down to load the cd, when closed it is completly smooth.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:31 PM
hoobasta4
Rookie

ya.. my friend has that in his chevy blazer.. pretty sweet. Can change the color of the thing.. or have it pulsate.. pretty awesome.. any other ideas? Maybe like a in dash dvd motorized screen?

hooby

Old 04-03-2005, 03:49 AM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

Try out Crutchfield, I used them and got some smokin deals and they even give ya a kit to install everything you buy. I didn't know anything about this stuff and I, with their help when needed, installed everything myself. Plus you get support for the products you buy from them for life of the products. The best thing is that they give ya harnesses to simply plug you new equip in to the OEM plugs.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:29 PM
minorthreats

Yeah, go Crutchfield.com

Old 04-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Kweef

I have one of the ones that have different angles and has mp3 player and everything, and I love having the angles and being able to hold 500 songs on a disc... So those are great to have... But that "Ghost" sounds good too.. Just make sure it has mp3 player in it.. My friend has one where he can load his own movies and pictures on, JVC, its pretty nice too. [:-]

Btw, I would suggest Ebay before anything else.

Quick Reply: NEW CD PLAYER IDEAS