2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

ID on lift kit? (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009 | 12:12 AM
bill9000
|
Rookie
Default ID on lift kit? (pic inside)

hi y'all... I'm currently working to make my truck usable (see thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...front-end.html )

and I figure since I will have the IFS apart in the front, I might as well put the lift in at the same time.

I was given parts to a lift kit by my neighbor who un-lifted his dakota. - obviously theres something missing (A-Arm?) as there's only one here...

the biggest thing I need, can anyone ID the brand of this life by looking at it, so that I may contact the company to buy any missing parts, and possibly some installation instructions...??? - It appears to be in the 6" range, based on the blocks for the rear that are here.

thanks!

Old 09-22-2009 | 10:57 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

I'm not to sure it is a lift kit. If it was a large lift kit 4in-up I would expect sub frames and more HD parts. I would suggest looking around all the parts, look for any numbers. Go to www.google.com and type in the numbers and see if anything comes up that is related. The other thing you can do is look at all the lift kits that are available for the truck and see what looks similar.

Good Luck!

Old 09-22-2009 | 02:02 PM
bill9000
|
Rookie

thanks! -yea I figured there might be parts missing, the lift blocks in the back measure 5.5 - 6" - but there could be missing parts for the front. - none of them have numbers anywhere!!!!!! - I saw the dakota this came out of when it was lifted, it looked good, it looked like about a 6", and thats what the back blocks measure, so I'm pretty certain of that, but I dont see torsion bar relocators or anything like that...

Quick Reply: ID on lift kit? (pic inside)