2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Help fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Divan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help fuse

Hey guys Im new to the site and I was wondering if anyone has heard of my problem.
I have a 97 r/t dakota and for some reason the park lamp fuse keeps blowing as soon as I turn on the lights.
The headlights work but the taillights and the dash lights and the orange lights dont. I still cant figure out what the problem is. Please help me.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

you have a short somewhere. id check wiring where ever it goes through or near any metal. it could have rubbed through.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Me&MyMopar
Professional

I don't know how similar the '97 is to the 2000, but when ever I put the truck in reverse, the fuse for the reverse lights would blow. The problem was the harness plug behind the driver front tire. When I unraveled the factory electrical tape, all kinds of dirt fell out. As soon as I spread the wires apart from each other at the plug, the fuse stopped blowing. I bought a can of liquid electrical tape at walmart, sprayed everything down at the plug, than rewrapped it all. There was also enough slack in the wires that I was able to relocate the plug from behind the wheel, to the frame.

Quick Reply: Help fuse