2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Winter projects

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:42 AM
buyrbware
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter projects

I am starting a winter project on a buddy's 98 dakoata and have a few questions. First a little history, I build pro-street and show s-10 trucks, have done several swaps and off frame restro's. with that in mind I have a few questions for people who have done dakota swaps.

His truck is a 98 v-6. 2 wheel drive. For starters we are lowering it to race track stance about a 5" drop. He just purchased two doors that are the same color as his truck, but have power everything. Easy install swap but where is the hookups located at to power the stuff. he never had power anything on his doors but I know the factory harnesses are somewher in the dash WHERE?

After that is complete I am droping a 98 360 engine in so Im thinking I can get 318 frame mounts from a v8 dakota and the motormounts should sit right in. I am getting the ECM with the motor and the wirring harness. Anything else I should snag on from the donnor 1500 quad.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

the harnesses will be up above the pedals, if they're even installed, i think they may have used different wire harness setups for different options packages, not sure on that though

why dont you just use 360 mounts? im gonna assume they'd be a better fit

Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

oh, you will def need to at least mininotch the frame in the rear...
keep that in mind

Quick Reply: Winter projects