2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Buyer Beware: Cervini's Auto Designs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:02 AM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: Cervini's Auto Designs

Beware of Cervini's Auto Designs customer service!

I bought a 2003 Dakota R/T last year, which came with the Stampede body kit from the factory. I wanted to upgrade to a roll pan, and the only manufacturer which offers a wrap-around package that complements the Stampede kit is Cervini's. Cervini's offers a variety of packages for their Sniper kit, but the only ones that include the rear pieces also include the side skirts. Since my truck came with side skirts from the factory, I asked them if they would sell those pieces separately at a discounted rate. After the rep put me on hold for a few minutes to talk with management, it was decided that they would absolutely not split up any of their kits to accomodate my situation. I was frustrated but wanted the parts so I purchased the 8011 kit - I got lucky that someone wanted to buy the OEM body panels I was removing as well as the Cervini's kit, so one financial disaster was avoided.

Fast forward six months later - I am driving down the road, hit a sizeable bump in the road, and one of the rear quarter panels falls off of the truck. Unfortunately at least one other vehicle ran over the piece and crushed it before I was able to recover it. Upon closer inspection it looks like the quarter panel was not perfectly sealed to the body of the truck due to imperfections in the part shape, and the tape simply let go when I hit the bump. I contacted Cervini's to see if I could buy a replacement quarter panel, and after being put on hold for a few minutes I was once again told that Cervini's management refuses to split up any of their kits, even as a service replacement for an existing customer.

I find this customer service attitude extremely frustrating and unfriendly to consumers - the rep had the nerve to tell me that the entire 8011 kit is molded at the same time and cannot be produced in any other method. This is a complete fabrication, because the roll pan is fiberglass and the other six panels are urethane plastic. Cervini's makes 4 different styles of side skirts for the Sniper kit but only 1 style of rear quarter panels, I find it extremely hard to believe that they do not produce the quarter panels separately from the side skirts and could simply sell me one for fifty dollars or whatever a reasonable ratio might be.

Be forewarned if you either own a Cervini's Sniper kit, or are thinking about buying one! If you damage even one of the 7 side/rear panels, you will have to buy an entire kit all over again - without exhaust $600++, with exhaust $1000++. I have been dealing with aftermarket parts companies for over three years, and I believe this is the most unflexible and uncaring company I have ever dealt with for post-purchase support.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
reconstrucktion
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buyer Beware: Cervini's Auto Designs

I also have a problem with cervini's I bought there hood and sniper grille and it turns out the they give you two different types of inserts for the hood and for the grille. It looks completely terrible now I have to find either a completely different grille insert or match one of the two that i have. . . so far no luck with that.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:48 PM
cbsaint
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buyer Beware: Cervini's Auto Designs

I suggest you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau where Cervini's is located. Typically, a company doesn't want a complaint going on their "permanent record" and will suddenly turn in to your best freind to resolve the issue. Worst case scenario is that you just warned a whole lot more potential buyers about their terrible customer service, even if your problem isn't resolved.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Cervini's Auto Designs